The 5Ft is the ultimate first board for any grommet! In saying that though we wanted to design a board that would be a perfect first board for a grom, but also rippable for someone more experienced. We would recommend this for beginner riders weighing 20-30kg, although if you are an experienced surfer up to 80-85kg, it should float you as well.
For the beginner to intermediate rider, these boards are a good step when progressing from a Mini Mal, or when the goal is to ride a fibreglass shortboard. For the experienced rider, these boards have a little bit more rocker, making them more suitable for better wave conditions, and similar in performance to their usual shortboard.
Softlite Pop Stick Surfboard Features:
- Size: 5'0" X 20" X 2 3/8"
- Core: 100% Waterproof Moulded EPS Core
- Deck: 10lb PE Deck
- Slick: Xtra Duralinx Slick
- Reinforcements: Double Moulded Stringer system
- Fins: Thruster Fin Set Up with Bones and Shanks Fin System. Soft fins included with every board.
- Bamboo Stringer System: This is re-enforced with fibreglass sheeting and epoxy resin to give the perfect amount of flex
- The boards are constructed using exclusive Softlite Moulds - This ensures that every board comes out identical with no imperfections. It also creates a harder shell of EPS foam on the outside making Softlite boards stiffer and more durable than competitors who use similar cores
- No screws on deck -No kicking your toes on screws, looks good and is easier to wax deck.